Tuesday, September 26, 2006

We have arrived safely in Kathmandu after 32 hours of traveling. The movies and free wine on the flight made it quite enjoyable though. We are taking off to the Annapurna region tomorow and starting our trek the following day. I was ready to get out of the city pretty much right when we got here...I am such a small town kinda gal. Being in the city has been interesting along with overwhelming. Last night we went to dinner at Germaine's host family's house. The food was delicious and it was very nice eat with local people. Not understanding the langauge has been a challenge for me, it makes me feel like a real tourist. I came down with a cold yesterday so I am going to go back to my room and rest up for tomorrow.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Your sis and I are going to hang out this weekend. I shall try my best to corrupt her. Oh yeah, I quit my job. Although our girlfriends are super cool and it's great having lady friends, the ladies at my work were LAME. Write again soon, miss you so much.

Hobbs said...

Give me one good reason why you are not here in northern Thailand right now? Trekking in Nepal? Like that ever be as cool as hanging out with me...

Ellie said...

Love you lady. Miss you too. Have fun and be good! I'm thinking about you and the Covallis girls tons while tooling around Europe. LOVE!